The AS9003 inspection and test quality system is applicable for aviation, space and defense organizations that produce non-complex products.
The AS9003:2012 quality system standard is a compilation of selected requirements from the old ISO 9001:2008 and parts of AS9100.
DLA recently replaced their “Tailored-ISO” flowdown with requirements to tailor ISO 9001 to meet AS9003.
Click here to learn about changes in AS9003A on this page.
Earning a pedigree for the AS9003 inspection and test quality system will challenge a Company’s ability to manage change in their business culture. An oldie but goodie book on the subject is available at ASQ Quality Press that is named “The Process-Focused Organization” or visit Amazon for lower cost.
AS9003 is not enough “quality” for Nadcap special process certification. Consider implementing the Nadcap AC7004 quality system, which establishes a foundation for compliance with AC7108 requirements according to the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program.
The “AS9003 inspection and test quality system” is an acceptable alternative for DLA’s Tailored ISO 9001 quality system requirements.
If your Company’s goal is to register its QMS, consider purchasing the SAE sponsored document to support your project. Visit the SAE website to learn about the SAE AS9003 Standard.
Click on demo links below to evaluate the contents of the kits, which you can use in your business operation according to license terms and conditions.
The Bare Minimum AS9003 inspection and test quality system kit is useful for businesses that don’t want any more documents than absolutely necessary to achieve compliance or certification with the SAE sponsored standard.
Browse the PDF Demo AS9003A Bare Minimum Kit – opens in new tab/page
The bare minimum AS9003A inspection and test quality system kit contains all documents listed below:
MANUAL AND PROCEDURES
- QMS-00 Quality Manual
- QMS-01 Document Control
- QMS-02 Configuration Management
- QMS-03 Records Control
- QMS-04 Management Process
- QMS-05 Responsibilities Authorities
- QMS-06 Training Program
- QMS-07 Proposal Development and Contract Review
- QMS-08 Purchasing
- QMS-08-1 Purchase Order Review
- QMS-09 Receiving
- QMS-10 Manufacturing
- QMS-11 Shipping
- QMS-12 Internal Auditing
- QMS-13 Corrective and Preventive Action
- QMS-14 Control of Nonconforming Product
- QMS-15 Calibration
- QMS-16 Definitions and Abbreviations
FORMS AND WORK INSTRUCTIONS
- Approved Supplier List
- Bulletin (for documenting temporary deviation from specification)
- Calibration Reference Only Tag
- Calibration Seal
- Calibration System Forms
- Changes in AS9100C to Create AS9003A (in download)
- Contract Review Forms
- Corrective Action Request
- Customer Perception Survey (in download)
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Dimensional Analysis Form (alternate styles in download)
- Engineering Order Form (EO, Commercial, change control form)
- Inspection Instruction
- Inspection Record
- Inspection Report
- Inspection Summary (alternate style in download)
- Internal Audit Form
- Internal Audit Progress Report
- Internal Auditor Training (slides in download)
- Management Review Report
- Nonconformance Report, RFS (alternate styles in download)
- Property Certification from Supplier
- Property Control Tag
- Property Management Log
- Property Record
- Purchase Order
- Purchase Requisition
- QC Tags-1 (alternate styles in download)
- Quality Systems Assessment (in download)
- Receiving Hold Dot
- Receiving Inspection Instructions
- Receiving Inspection Record
- Receiving Log
- Schedule to QMS Registration (in download)
- Supplier Evaluation
- Supplier Mail-In Survey
- Supplier Requirements
- Training Certificate-1 (alternate style in download)
- Training Log
- Training Matrix (for QMS procedures)
- Training Orientation Request
- Training Program Progress Report
- Trend Chart, Customer Satisfaction Chart, Grand Avg
- Trend Chart, Customer Satisfaction Chart, Individual
- Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan (standalone table in download)
Bare Minimum AS9003 Inspection and Test Quality System Kit, $197
Changes in AS9003 inspection and test quality system are the result of reducing requirements in AS9100C, which makes AS9003 known as “Less than AS9100”.
Summary of changes in AS9003A:
1) AS9003 QMS system upgraded from ISO 9001:1994 to ISO 9001:2008
2) AS9003 QMS system downgraded from full compliance with AS9100C
The following paragraph numbers in AS9100C have been renumbered or deleted to summarize changes in AS9003A.
Inspection and Test Quality System
4.2.2 renumbered and moved to 4.2.1 Manual
4.2.3 renumbered and moved to 4.2.2 Control of Documents
4.2.4 renumbered and moved to 4.2.3 Control of Records
5.1 through 5.6.3 deleted (5.5.2 was renumbered to 5.1)
6.1 through 6.4 deleted (6.2 renumbered to 6.1; 6.4 renumbered to 6.2)
7.1.1 through 7.3.3 deleted (7.1.3 renumbered to 7.1.1)
7.3 Design and Development deleted
184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 deleted
7.5.3 renumbered to 7.5.2
7.5.5 renumbered to 7.5.3
Measurement, Analysis, and Improvement
8.1 through 8.1.3 deleted
8.2.2 renumbered to 8.4
8.2.4 renumbered to 8.1
8.3 renumbered to 8.2
8.4 through 8.5.1 deleted
8.5.2 renumbered to 8.3
The above summarizes changes in AS9003A. To learn more about how these changes will impact your Company, browse the quality manual in one of the above demos.