Users ask and we respond to explore eQMS outside the box.
T. Young in Texas asks: Is there a way to permanently set the order of queries in “Edit My Events”?
Sorry, no – a User cannot permanently set the order of a query in any search function.
Here’s a solution that takes about 30 seconds to create and download a CSV file:
- Login to eQMS as Admin (this table is invisible to non-Admin Users)
- Click/tap “Search Database”
- Select qms_events
- Click/tap “Select All Records”
- Click/tap “Create CSV”
- Click/tap the link to download the CSV to your computer
- Open the file in a spreadsheet program then sort as required to permanently set the order of a query
G. Denning in Illinois asks: Is there a way to move forms and procedures around in eQMS?
Yes, using phpMyAdmin, which is a program in your website’s control panel:
- Login to your website’s control panel
- Click/tap phpMyAdmin
- Click/tap on the name of your eQMS database
- Click/tap on table named qms_dcc
- Click/tap “Search” to find the title of your form or procedure
- Type-in your document’s title in field named “formname” then press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Click/tap “Edit” on the resulting page then revise content in fields named “category” and/or “subcategory” to identify where you want your form or procedure to display in eQMS.
- Browse to bottom of page then click “Go”
- Rinse and repeat for any procedure or form
C. Calleson in New York asks: Is there a way to attach a document to a record?
Yes, using “Form/Process Maker” / “Upload Image or Attachment”:
- User must have “Create Form” selected in their account
- Click/tap “Form/Process Maker”
- Click/tap “Upload Image or Attachment”
- Click/tap “Browse” then find and click/tap document on your harddrive then click/tap “Upload”
- Browse to and open applicable eQMS record
- Place cursor in applicable “Text Input” field
- Type-in the following HTML code to create a link to open an image or PDF:
<a href=”dcc/images/your-filename” target=”_blank”>your link text</a>
The above code will display your link text, which is a link to open the document in a new tab or page.
- Type-in the following HTML code to embed an image or PDF:
<embed src=”dcc/images/your-filename” width=”500″ height=”650″>
Reduce the image size to avoid distorting the page then adjust the width and height to match your image size. If your document is a PDF, use width=”500″ height=”650″ to start and adjust the width and height to avoid distorting the page. Remember, a User can easily enlarge a PDF to see fine details in the document.
J. Durost in Florida asks: Can we restrict access to records by our Customers?
Yes, using the “customer” login:
- Browse to the login page for your copy of eQMS
- Type-in customer for the login name and customer for the password
This login prevents display of “Records” and “Utilities” and categories other than “QA System”.